Background

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello World..

Check out the new digs! I'm attempting to start a new blog here. My chosen teaching profession has recently made me crack down on my internet privacy with the fear of knowing my students are searching for me online. But, I've always enjoyed the blog world and incorporating into a huge and ongoing conversation amongst other blogging friends. So, I'm back on here with "Be Inspired..." which is the most fitting and appropriate name for this new blog site. I give thanks to my mentor teacher for giving me the cutest necklace on my last day of student teaching that reads "Be Inspired" on one side and "Fly Higher" on the other, which is where this phrase originates.I am excited to start this new journey on here. I'm excited to write about my all my new highs and I'm sure there will be times of great lows. But for now I couldn't be more pleasantly inspired.

Isn't it cute??
I love it!! :)
:End Introduction:

I am so blessed and completely and utterly at peace with how my life is right now - So much so that I catch myself settling in my nice warm bed at night, placing my head on my pillow, saying my prayers, then with an ever so slight, but peaceful smile on my face I falling dreamily asleep. (I know it sounds a bit ridiculous) But, the fact of the matter is that God is blessing me left and right. Each night I pray for how wonderful my family is. How great it has been to have grown up in a Christian home that taught me good morals and how to act like a responsible adult - okay still working on the later half of that..but really. I have been blessed beyond measure.

I have been blessed with the ability to teach. And as exhausting as it may be sometimes, I couldn't have asked for a better profession so suited for me. I love it. Although, I am just starting out and still subbing, I have been blessed to get to know so awesome kids - and some not so awesome kids lol - but, as soon as I figure out how to work them, it makes my job so worth it. I come home with crazy stories that are fun to share with family and friends. And sometimes I know that people even get bored of me telling stories about "my kids" I really don't care, because God has blessed me so unconditionally. Soon, I am starting my round of three long term subbing positions that will take me to the end of the school year. I'll be honest, during the middle of the summer when I was applying left and right for jobs and continually not hearing back from any one of them, I started to get really discouraged. It was as if I was sending my resume out into the cyber void hoping that something would spark the eye of the magic internet fairy and the school district would pick me - not much hope there. But God had a plan for me. That it would be better to sub for this full year, so then I may have a better shot next year. Or I might have to continue subbing and I'll be excited for that, too! Each long term position I've been requested for feels like one more step in the right direction. It feels like one more shot to try something new and polish my teaching strategies.

I love it.


2 comments: